Urban Ingenuity's Microgrid Extension Service offers comprehensive analysis and technical support for microgrid deployment.
Microgrid & District Energy Benefits
- Financial Performance: Reduced utility & maintenance expenses, protect against rising energy prices.
- Disaster Resilience: Guard critical systems against failing infrastructure, extreme weather, cyber-attacks and terrorist threats.
- Environmental Benefits: Increase energy efficiency, integrate renewables, reduce carbon emissions.
How We Work
- Scoping Innovative Projects: We specialize in early stage project development helping to integrate microgrids into site planning and re-development, while minimizing cost and using available data.
- Optimizing Energy System Design: By layering multiple benefits, we make sure that your energy infrastructure designs are optimized for your site to ensure high performance at both a technical and financial level.
- Capital Sourcing & Procurement: Urban Ingenuity specializes in project finance for complex clean energy infrastructure, and advises on procurement of engineering, financial, and other implementation partners.
- Navigating Regulatory Complexity: We work with government, utility and Public Service Commission partners to reduce regulatory uncertainty, address policy questions, and speed permitting and interconnection.
- Representing Owners Interests: Urban Ingenuity can provide a-la-carte or comprehensive owner’s agent services, taking projects from early-stage conceptual design through contract negotiation, construction, and performance monitory, to ensure that projects meet owner expectations.
- New York City Office of Recovery and Resilience
- The Parks at Walter Reed
- Gallaudet University
- DC Department of Energy & Environment
- Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments
What is a Microgrid?
Microgrids and district energy are local systems that combine clean energy generation and improved energy efficiency and management to reduce emissions and lower energy costs.
Microgrids distribute heating and cooling, sometimes in combination with electricity, from central plants to consumers in a defined geographic area - anything from a building to a campus to a community. By eliminating long-distance transmission and using innovative technologies, they dramatically improve the efficiency of the energy consumed, improve reliability, and can have substantial financial benefits.
HUNTS POINT COOPERATIVE MARKETS
The Bronx, New York
Technical support to NYORR to maximize energy and financial benefits.Learn More
THE PARKS AT WALTER REED
Financial and energy technical analysis and RFP to select development partner.Learn More